What is biometrics? Whether you’re just curious about howbiometrics can benefit society or you need to learn how tointegrate biometrics with an existing security system in yourorganization, Biometrics For Dummies can help.
Here’s a friendly introduction to biometrics — thescience of identifying humans based on unique physicalcharacteristics. With the government’s use of biometrics— for example, biometric passport readers — andapplication of the technology for law enforcement, biometrics isgrowing more popular among security experts. Biometrics ForDummies explains biometric technology, explores biometricspolicy and privacy issues with biometrics, and takes a look atwhere the science is heading. You’ll discover:
- How pattern recognition and fingerprint recognition areused
- The many vulnerabilities of biometric systems and how to guardagainst them
- How various countries are handling the privacy issues and whatcan be done to protect citizens’ privacy
- How a scan of the palm, veins in the hand, and sonar imageryestablish identity
- What it takes to fully authenticate a signature
- How gait, speech, linguistic analysis, and other types ofbiometric identification come into play
- The criteria for setting up an implementation plan
- How to use authentication, authorization, and accessprinciples
Written by a pair of security experts, Biometrics ForDummies gives you the basics in an easy-to-understand formatthat doesn’t scrimp on substance. You’ll get up tospeed and enjoy getting there!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: