NOW IN FULL COLOR!
Discover the science of cancer--with this newly revised, essential introduction to cancer biology and genetics
Here in one well-organized, reader-friendly volume, you'll find everything you must know about the biology underlying cancer and its treatment, supported by the latest peer-reviewed research. Written by preeminent oncology researchers and clinicians, the book highlights the full range of important oncology topics and takes you through the biological basis of current and future biological therapy as well as more traditional approaches to cancer treatment.
Presented in full color, the Fifth Edition of The Basic Science of Oncology is thoroughly updated and refreshed to reflect the latest critical thinking in oncology. For graduate students, oncologists, residents, and fellows, there can be no more useful guide to the bedrock science and practice of oncology than this all-in-one reference.
- The most current, evidence-based oncology primer--one that encapsulates the science of cancer causation, cancer biology, and cancer therapy
- Key insights into molecular and genetic aspects of cancer familiarize you with cancer biology as applied to prognosis and personalized cancer medicine
- In-depth focus on the discovery, evaluation, and biology of anti-cancer drugs, immunotherapy, and molecularly-targeted agents
- Up-to-date coverage of the basic science of radiation therapy
- Specific chapters/sections on intratumor heterogeneity as it relates to potential new treatment strategies--including tumor microenvironment and metabolism, tumor stem cells, and genomic/proteomic heterogeneity
- NEW! Chapter Essentials synthesize chapter content in a convenient list
- NEW! Color diagrams and schematics summarize important data
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: