Whether you want to participate in ballet or just watch it, theballet experience can excite and inspire you. Ballet is among themost beautiful forms of expression ever devised: an exquisite mixof sight and sound, stunning, aesthetics, and awesome technique.
Ballet For Dummies is for anyone who wants to enjoy allthat the dance forms offers – as an onlooker whowants to get a leg up on the forms you're likely to see or as anexercise enthusiast who understands that the practice ofballet can help you gain
- More strength
- Greater flexibility
- Better body alignment
- Confidence in movement
- Comfort through stress reduction
- Infinite grace – for life
From covering the basics of classical ballet to sharing safe andsensible ways to try your hand (and toes) at moving through theactual dance steps, this expert reference shows you how to
- Build your appreciation for ballet from the ground up.
- Choose the best practice space and equipment.
- Warm up to your leap into the movements.
- Locate musical options for each exercise.
- Look for certain lifts in a stage performance.
- Tell a story with gestures.
- Picture a day in the life of a professional ballet dancer.
- Identify best-loved classic and contemporary ballets.
- Speak the language of ballet.
Today you can find a ballet company in almost every major cityon earth. Many companies have their own balletschools – some for training future professionals,and others for interested amateurs. As you fine-tune your classicalballet technique – or even if you just like toread about it – you'll become betterequipped to fully appreciate the great choreography and many stylesof the dance. Ballet For Dummies raises the curtain on aworld of beauty, grace, poise, and possibility!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: