Ever walk past a bakery window and marvel at the assortment ofcookies, tarts, pies, and cakes and wonder how they did it? Wonderno more. The secrets to creating them can now be yours. WithBaking For Dummies, You'lll discover how simple (and fun!)whipping up any sort of baked good from a chocolate layer cake, aclassic apple pie to a plateful of scrumptious chocolate chipcookies or black-and-white brownies actually is.
The magic is in the doing and baking expert Emily Nolan showsyou how. In almost no time, you'll get down to basics witheasy-to-follow tips on:
- Outfitting your kitchen with a baker's essentials iincludingbaking pans (loaf pans, springform pans, glass vs. aluminum pieplates), food processors and blenders, bowls, measuring cups,graters, and sifters
- Measuring ingredients, preparing pans, working with eggs,zesting fruit, and melting chocolate
- Getting ready to bake,preparing your kitchen, working withrecipes, and using the right equipment
And once you're all set, you'll marvel at how simple creatingthe smallest baking masterpiece really is:
- From chocolate cupcakes topped with mocha frosting to alemon-curd cheesecake, to fluffy blueberry muffins and buttermilkbiscuits
- From scrumptious pumpkin and chocolate cream pies and a classiccheesecake to outrageously delicious chocolate chip and oatmealraisin cookies
- From a heart-warming chicken potpie to a yummy cheesesoufflé
With over 100 recipes to choose from (including ones for softpretzels and pizza!), eight pages of color photos, a summary cheatsheet of baking essentials, black-and-white how-to illustrations,and humorous cartoons along the way, the book will reward, even abaking novice, with delicious results and allow you to enjoy theunending magic of baking from scratch.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: