There’s no question: The cost of college continues to soar,even when the rest of the economy stagnates, and this reality isnot likely to change any time soon. Fortunately, everyone,including you, the various governments (federal and state), and thecolleges themselves, are in on this secret, so everyone can planand plot, well in advance of that eventual first day of yourchild’s freshman year, ways to get that child there, and waysto help you pay the bills when they happen. Consider this book tobe your accomplice.
529 & Other College Savings Plans For Dummies issimply a way to find a reasonable solution to a seeminglyunreasonable problem: saving for future college costs in thesanest, least stressful way possible for you. In keeping with thetheme of stress reduction, you can use this book in a variety ofways:
- As a reference: It’s all here: the ins, the outs,the do’s, and the don’ts. The world of college savingsis one of very specific rules, and they’re here, in all theirglory, and they’re all explained.
- As an advisor: It’s a case of the very goodsavings techniques, the merely okay savings techniques, and thetruly ugly techniques (which you really want to avoid), and thisbook highlights them all.
- As a little light reading: Amazingly enough, the topicof money can be mildly amusing, and college savings is noexception. Read this with an eye towards the absurd, and youwon’t go far wrong.
This down-to-earth book is designed to explain the strategiesthat are out there to help you save, save, save. There’s nodoubt that the bill will be large; there’s also no questionthat, with planning, strategy, and purpose, you can achieve yourgoal. To help you get there, this book covers all these vitaltopics, and more:
- Evaluating all your resources
- Understanding the basics of Section 529 plans
- Working around the 529 shortcomings
- Contributing to Coverdell accounts
- Choosing savings bonds that work
- Looking at your investment options
- Searching for scholarships, fellowships, and grants
- Tapping into your Roth IRA
- Financial Aid 101
In this one-size-fits-all world, the powers that be haverecognized that all people don’t save money the same way.Some save more, some save less, some can live with risk, and otherscan’t tolerate any risk. Clearly, no two are alike, butyou’re all savers, either present or potential. Numerousoptions exist that make saving possible and desirable for everyone.529 & Other College Savings Plans For Dummies is here totell you that it is possible to understand the costsassociated with college, both right now and in the future, and thenfind ways to pay for those costs.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: