62 Self-Control and Discipline Techniques for More Happiness in Your Life
Do you want to know how to apply self-control and discipline to your life?
Do you have questions like these about willpower?
- How do commitment and progress affect my willpower?
- Is there such a thing as too much willpower?
- How do pride, shame, and guilt affect my willpower?
- What are some simple things that I can do to protect my willpower?
- Which runs out first, muscle energy or willpower?
Willpower answers these questions -- and many more -- by covering:
- Thirteen ways that your thoughts and feelings affect your willpower
- Three impacts of your physiology on your willpower
- Ten willpower recommendations about your diet
- Twelve research-driven approaches to maximizing your willpower to work out
- Six connections between everyday activities and your willpower
- Four willpower implications for goal-support groups
- Six effects of authority figures and strangers on your willpower
- Eight opportunities to leverage willpower research for your future
Each chapter of Willpower begins by challenging you with a question. The chapter then gives you the correct answer, the research behind it, and a practical technique that you can apply right away.
Do you need this book? Take the marathon willpower test today at 1sf.us/wtest .
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Kirk Mahoney, Ph.D.
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Kirk Mahoney, Ph.D.
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on October 28, 2016
- SpryFeet.com, June 2015
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: