The Harmony/ESW Method for Real-Time and Embedded Systems Development
- List Price$47.99
- Your price$38.39
Save $9.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 20000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Real-time and embedded systems face the same development challenges as traditional software: shrinking budgets and shorter timeframes. However, these systems can be even more difficult to successfully develop due to additional requirements for timeliness, safety, reliability, minimal resource use, and, in some cases, the need to support rigorous industry standards.
In Real-Time Agility, leading embedded-systems consultant Bruce Powel Douglass reveals how to leverage the best practices of agile development to address all these challenges. Bruce introduces the Harmony/ESW process: a proven, start-to-finish approach to software development that can reduce costs, save time, and eliminate potential defects.
Replete with examples, this book provides an ideal tutorial in agile methods for real-time and embedded-systems developers. It also serves as an invaluable “in the heat of battle” reference guide for developers working to advance projects, both large and small.
- How Model-Driven Development (MDD) and agile methods work synergistically
- The Harmony/ESW process, including roles, workflows, tasks, and work products
- Phases in the Harmony/ESW microcycle and their implementation
- Initiating a real-time agile project, including the artifacts you may (or may not) need
- Agile analysis, including the iteration plan, clarifying requirements, and validation
- The three levels of agile design: architectural, mechanistic, and detailed
- Continuous integration strategies and end-of-the-microcycle validation testing
- How Harmony/ESW’s agile process self-optimizes by identifying and managing issues related to schedule, architecture, risks, workflows, and the process itself
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Bruce Powel Douglass
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Bruce Powel Douglass
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 26, 2016
- Pearson Education, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: