In the second edition of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery the authors integrate aspects of physical pharmacy, biopharmaceuticals, drug delivery, and biotechnology, emphasizing the increased attention that the recent spectacular advances in dosage form design and drug delivery, gene therapy, and nanotechnology have brought to the field.
Highlights of the Second Edition:
- Additional author Ajit S. Narang brings an industrial practitioner perspective with increased focus on pharmacy math and statistics, and powders and granules
- Reorganized into three parts: Introduction, Physicochemical Principles, and Dosage Forms
- Chapters on pharmaceutical calculations, compounding principles, and powders and granules provide a complete spectrum of application of pharmaceutical principles
- Expansion of review questions and answers clarifies concepts for students and adds to their grasp of key concepts covered in the chapter
- Coverage of complexation and protein binding aspects of physical pharmacy includes the basic concepts as well as recent progress in the field
Although there are numerous books on the science of pharmaceutics and dosage form design, most cover different areas of the discipline and do not provide an integrated approach to the topics. This book not only provides a singular perspective of the overall field, but it supplies a unified source of information for students, instructors, and professionals.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: