Since 1986, Medicine for the Outdoors has been hailed as the definitive take-along manual on the subject. Packed with step-by-step instructions and how-to explanations, this updated edition tells you the best way to respond to just about any medical problem. Logically organized, simple-to-understand enhanced illustrations and an increased focus on new topics mean this medical reference book may literally save your life. Whether you’re venturing into mountains, deserts, forests, or out to sea, it belongs in your pack!
- Examine the most diverse and comprehensive coverage of medical conditions related to the outdoors.
- Be guided through logical and complete explanations of every topic.
- Enhance your understanding with descriptive material including numerous drawings and instructions.
- Research recommendations for injury and illness prevention.
- Locate answers quickly with a helpful comprehensive index.
- Clearly visualize how to perform specific treatments, such as the use of a SAM® splint, with an increased number of helpful illustrations.
- Stay abreast of the latest in emergency medicine care, including new antibiotics, medicines, products to control bleeding, and today's most common infectious disease threats.
- Enhance your understanding of Lyme disease; water disinfection; emerging diseases (including West Nile Virus); and how to seek safety and act during natural disasters.
- Take advantage of Dr. Auerbach’s expert guidance with revised recommendations on high-altitude problems, drowning, airways management, toxic plants, and snake bites.
- Access new appendices covering AIDS/HIV transmission, expanded treatment instructions, global conflict guidelines (including terrorism), and canine medicine.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: