The book has an active table of contents for readers to access each chapter of the following titles:
1) The Problem of Monopoly – John Bates Clark
2) The Control of Trusts – John Bates Clark
John Clark published two influential works, The Control of Trusts in 1901 and The Problem of Monopoly in 1904. His ideas in the two works were reflected in the part of the antitrust legislation of 1914 that included the prohibition of unfair competition and in the establishment of a Fair Trade Commission of Unite States.
The book contains the important works about Monopoly by John Bates Clark, one of the greatest American economists. The works were widely acclaimed and it was widely used by students of studying economics.
John Clark influences on economic theory are in the following fields:
1) The marginalist revolution in the United States
2) The economic relationships between distribution of income and production
3) The static and dynamic laws on economic equilibrium
4) The competition of an economic system
5) The antitrust policy on competition
6) The economic motivation by self-centered desire and the interests of society as a whole in their economic decision making
7) The war on economics
Named after his name, The John Bates Clark Medal is considered one of the two most prestigious awards in the field of economics, along with Nobel Prize for economics. Approximately 11 of the first 17 awardees (approximately 65%) went on to win the Nobel Prize Award for economics.
This is a must read book for the readers who are interested in researching the monopoly economics.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: