Implantable Medical Electronics
Prosthetics, Drug Delivery, and Health Monitoring
- List Price$179.00
- Your price$161.09
Save $17.91 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 72400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book is a comprehensive, interdisciplinary resource for the latest information on implantable medical devices, and is intended for graduate students studying electrical engineering, electronic instrumentation, and biomedical engineering. It is also appropriate for academic researchers, professional engineers, practicing doctors, and paramedical staff. Divided into two sections on Basic Concepts and Principles, and Applications, the first section provides an all-embracing perspective of the electronics background necessary for this work. The second section deals with pacing techniques used for the heart, brain, spinal cord, and the network of nerves that interlink the brain and spinal cord with the major organs, including ear and eye prostheses.
- The insertion of an implantable neural amplifier for accurate recording of neural signals for neuroengineering studies
- The use of implantable pulse generators for pacing the activities of diseased organs
- The use of implantable sensors for observing the influence of therapy and monitoring a patient’s biological parameters
- The use of drug delivery systems to supervise the supply of accurate doses of medicine to affected parts
- Springer International Publishing, December 2015
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: