Theories, Stakeholders and Trends
Global Communication is the most definitive text on multi-national communication and media conglomerates, exploring how global media influences both audiences and policy makers around the world. This new edition is comprehensively updated to reflect the many fast moving developments associated with this dynamic field.
- A new edition of the most definitive text on multi-national communication and media conglomerates, each chapter updated with extensive new details
- Covers the expanding area of global communication and describes major multimedia conglomerates, particularly in the USA, including the purchase of NBC-Universal by Comcast and Disney's expansion in China
- Includes new information on the phone hacking scandal by News Corporation’s employees in the UK
- Explains the significant changes in the communication industry both in the US and elsewhere
- Chronicles the continuing story of the development of Arab Media with new coverage on the Arab Spring
- Offers an updated companion website with instructor's manual, test banks and student activities, available upon publication at www.wiley.com/go/mcphail
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Thomas L. McPhail
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Thomas L. McPhail
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on October 01, 2016
- Wiley, December 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: