The Savvy Clinician's Guide to the Changes in Criteria
Everything you need to know about the DSM-5 in an organized and concise presentation
Providing you with a quick and easy way to get up-to-speed on recent changes to the two main classification systems—DSM-5 Essentials highlights these changes in a logical and systematic manner so that you can easily make the transition from DSM-IV to DSM-5.
Author Lourie Reichenberg offers health care providers, instructors, clinicians in practice settings, and office staff who do coding for insurance reimbursement the information they need to do their jobs smoothly and efficiently with coverage of:
- The twenty classifications of disorders
- Emerging measures and models
- The future of diagnosis and treatment planning
- Matching clients' needs with the best evidence-based treatment
- Major changes to the DSM-5 such as the replacement of the multiaxial system, the developmental and lifespan approach, and cultural and gender considerations
Arranged in the same sequence as the DSM-5, DSM-5 Essentials covers what has changed from the DSM-IV, what these changes mean for diagnosis, and the implication of these changes on the selection of effective, evidence-based treatment.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Lourie W. Reichenberg
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Lourie W. Reichenberg
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 28, 2016
- Wiley, November 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: