Programs, Faculty, Trends
- List Price$170.00
- Your price$152.99
Save $17.01 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 68800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Supported and proudly co-published by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), the largest certification organization for professional counselors in the world, the thirteenth edition of Counselor Preparation continues to be the only all inclusive, longitudinal national study of counselor preparation programs. It offers comparative data for administrative decisions and affords students and professionals the only comprehensive means available to evaluate an institution’s ability to meet personal requirements, academic needs, and career goals. This valuable resource includes:
- Detailed and current information on over 100 individual graduate institutions of higher education across the United States
- An expanded section on international programs
- Discussions of the counseling profession, the steps to becoming a credentialed counselor, and the various types of counseling programs available at the Master’s and Doctoral levels
- Chapters that critically examine the state of the profession now and predict future trends
- A special tribute to the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), celebrating 60 years of contributions to the field
- New chapters from guest authors on the present state and future directions of ACES, the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), the Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International, the issues and needs of international students, and counselor training programs in Central and South America
Responding Master’s and Doctoral level counselor education programs in the United States include community; mental health; clinical mental health, school; college; student affairs; career; marriage, couple and family; and counselor education and supervision. Data on each institution includes faculty and department demographics and contact information, as well as detailed information on individual programs. In addition, CACREP accredited programs, the flagship programs of counselor education, are highlighted.
This is an outstanding resource for faculty, administrators, students, and practitioners alike and remains the authoritative and most comprehensive reference on counseling programs in the United States and around the world.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 27, 2016
- Taylor and Francis, June 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: