Maybe you're a struggling writer or artist who's tired of living on ramen and happy-hour buffets, and you've come to the conclusion that a cell phone and a steady paycheck don't necessarily make a person a sellout. Maybe you're an English major whose friends are all receiving job offers from consulting firms, banks, and the like, and you're wondering just what the heck the business world has to offer you. Maybe you're a banker, but frustrated because your job doesn't let you express creativity or take advantage of your abiding interest in popular culture and the media. Then you turn on the television or pick up a newspaper or magazine, and suddenly it hits you: Why not work in advertising or PR?
Turn to this WetFeet Insider Guide to learn
- How to select the advertising or PR agency that's right for you.
- What forces and trends are currently shaping these industries.
- How new ad and PR campaigns are developed.
- About the top agencies and hirers.
- What real people working in these fields like and dislike about their jobs.
- About what you're likely to earn, the hours you'll be expected to put in, and the typical office culture.
- What to expect from and how to shine in your interviews.
- How to talk like an industry pro.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: