- List Price$39.99
- Your price$35.99
Save $4.00 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Over 30 hands-on recipes that will get you up and running with Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) efficiently
About This Book
- Learn how to store, manage, and access your data with AWS SDKs
- Study the Amazon S3 pricing model and learn how to calculate costs by simulating practical scenarios
- Optimize your Amazon S3 bucket by following step-by-step instructions of how to deliver your content with CloudFront, secure the S3 bucket with IAM, and lower costs with object life cycle management
Who This Book Is For
This book is for cloud developers who have experience of using Amazon S3 and are also familiar with Amazon S3.
What You Will Learn
- Host a static website on Amazon S3
- Calculate costs with AWS Simple Monthly Calculators
- Deploy a static website via CloudFormation
- Distribute your content via CloudFront
- Secure resources with bucket policies and IAM
- Protect objects using server-side and client-side encryption
- Enable Cross-Origin Resource Sharing
- Manage objects’ life cycles to lower costs
- Optimize performance for uploading as well as downloading objects
- Enable S3 event notifications and create Lambda functions
- Manage common operations with AWS SDKs
Amazon S3 is one of the most famous and trailblazing cloud object storage services, which is highly scalable, low-latency, and economical. Users only pay for what they use and can store and retrieve any amount of data at any time over the Internet, which attracts Hadoop users who run clusters on EC2.
The book starts by showing you how to install several AWS SDKs such as iOS, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, and Ruby and shows you how to manage objects. Then, you’ll be taught how to use the installed AWS SDKs to develop applications with Amazon S3. Furthermore, you will explore the Amazon S3 pricing model and will learn how to annotate S3 billing with cost allocation tagging. In addition to this, the book covers several practical recipes about how to distribute your content with CloudFront, secure your content with IAM, optimize Amazon S3 performance, and notify S3 events with Lambada.
By the end of this book, you will be successfully implementing pro-level practices, techniques, and solutions in Amazon S3.
Style and approach
A step-by-step practical guide that will show you how to efficiently store, manage, and control your data in Amazon S3.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
Amazon S3 Cookbook
by Naoya Hashimoto
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
Amazon S3 Cookbook
by Naoya Hashimoto
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on October 21, 2016
- Packt Publishing, August 2015
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: