Is there anything more insightful than learning about the workflows from fellow designers and developers, and what techniques they use? What made their projects a stunning success, and how do they overcome missteps? With this eBook, we'll take a closer look at the techniques and stories of some folks behind real-life Web projects.
Among others, you will discover how renowned projects such as the Financial Times Web app or the Nike Better World website were built, and learn from the success story of a translation app that made it into Apple's top ten charts. You'll also get an insight into Google's User Experience Lab, and (illustrated by the example of Pinterest) explore the importance of paint performance. Furthermore, our Smashing authors share valuable lessons learned in the course of their careers — from both successes and failures. This eBook is full of handy tips, ideas, and personal experiences that are beneficial to any Web professional.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Building The New Financial Times Web App
- Bringing Angry Birds To Facebook
- Behind The Scenes Of Nike Better World
- Behind The Scenes Of Tourism New Zealand
- Tale Of A Top-10 App, Part 1: Idea And Design
- Tale Of A Top-10 App, Part 2: Marketing And Launch
- Gone In 60 Frames Per Second: A Pinterest Paint Performance Case Study
- Inside Google's User Experience Lab: An Interview With Google's Marcin Wichary
- Mistakes I've Made (And Lessons Learned Along The Way)
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: