From principle to practice, get it all in the revised edition of the comprehensive introduction to typography.
Type Rules: The Designer's Guide to Professional Typography, 3rd Edition is an up-to-date, thorough introduction to the principles and practices of typography. From the fundamentals to cutting-edge applications, this edition has everything today's serious designer needs to use type effectively. Dozens of exercises reinforce authoritative coverage on such topics as how to select the appropriate type for the job, how to set type like a pro, how to avoid common mistakes, and how to design a typeface, as well as how to fully harness the power of major design packages such as InDesign? and QuarkXPress? -- with new coverage of their latest versions.
This edition includes:
- New information on OpenType, font management utilities, font web sites, and interactive typography.
- An expanded?history of type and an updated glossary of key terms.
- Exercises throughout to help reinforce the concepts presented in the book.
- A wealth of tried-and-true as well as recently developed type tips.
- More in-depth type issues, including scaling logos.
"I've purchased and read just about every book on typography written over the last twenty-five years. Ilene Strizver's Type Rules is one of the best. It's a book that will prove its value time and again."
-- Allan Haley, Director of Words and Letters, Monotype Imaging
"Type Rules is a must-have book for students and professionals alike. I highly recommend it."
-- Prof. Ed Benguiat, world-renowned type designer and educator, School of Visual Arts
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: