The authoritative updated and revised action plan for leaders entering new roles
Your first 100 days in a new leadership role are critical to the success of your mission, your relationship with your new team, and your career. Turnover is high among new leaders who "didn't work out" and the costs to them and their organizations are dramatic. The solution is for every new leader to have an "onboarding" plan. This updated and revised third edition of the bestseller The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan delivers expert guidance to prepare executives for their new leadership roles, accelerate their results, and reduce turnover.
With new chapters and sample action plans, the third edition:
- Helps you assess the internal political culture you'll be facing
- Explains why your new job doesn't start on "Day 1" but on the day you accept the offer--and how to use the valuable time before "Day 1"
- Explains the "BRAVE" approach to motivating your new team members by understanding their Behaviors, Relationships, Attitudes, Values, and Environment
- Includes downloadable forms to help you plan
- Provides advice for your bosses—so they'll know how to help you succeed
The third edition also includes a new 100-Hour Action Plan for crisis situations, which has been adopted by the American Red Cross. The new edition also explains how to use social media and other communication tools to reach and motivate your stakeholders.
Discover the right approach for your new role and engage your new colleagues by fully understanding the unwritten rules of the new context. The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan helps deliver better results faster.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: