Today's most successful companies are Intelligent Companiesthat use the best available data to inform their decision making.This is called Evidence-Based Management and is one of the fastestgrowing business trends of our times. Intelligent Companiesbring together tools such as Business Intelligence, Analytics, KeyPerformance Indicators, Balanced Scorecards, Management Reportingand Strategic Decision Making to generate real competitiveadvantages.
As information and data volumes grow at explosive rates, thechallenges of managing this information is turning into a losingbattle for most companies and they end up drowning in data whilethirsting for insights. This is made worse by the severe skillsshortage in analytics, data presentation and communication.
This latest book by best-selling management expert Bernard Marr,will equip you with a set of powerful skills that are vital forsuccessful managers now and in the future. Increase your marketvalue by gaining essential skills that are in high demand but inshort supply.
Loaded with practical step-by-step guidance, simple tools andreal life examples of how leading organizations such as Google,CocaCola, Capital One, Saatchi & Saatchi, Tesco, Yahoo, as wellas Government Departments and Agencies have put the principles intopractice.
The five steps to more intelligent decision makingare:
- Step 1: More intelligent strategies – by identifyingstrategic priorities and agreeing your real information needs
- Step 2: More intelligent data – by creating relevant andmeaningful performance indicators and qualitative managementinformation liked back to your strategic information needs
- Step 3: More intelligent insights – by using goodevidence to test and prove ideas and by analysing the data to gainrobust and reliable insights
- Step 4: More intelligent communication – by creatinginformative and engaging management information packs anddashboards that provide the essential information, packaged in aneasy-to-read way
- Step 5: More intelligent decision making – by fosteringan evidence-based culture of turning information into actionableknowledge and real decisions
"Bernard Marr did it again! This outstanding and practical bookwill help your company become more intelligent and more successful.Marr takes the fields of business-intelligence, analytics andscorecarding to bring them together into a powerful andeasy-to-follow 5-step framework. The Intelligent Company is THEmust-read book of our times."
—Bruno Aziza, Co-author of best-selling book DriveBusiness Performance and Worldwide Strategy Lead, MicrosoftBusiness Intelligence
"Book after book Bernard Marr is redefining the fundamentals ofgood business management. 'The Intelligent Company' is a must readin these changing times and a reference you will want on your deskevery day!"
—Gabriel Bellenger, Accenture Strategy
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: