Easy, inexpensive, do-it-yourself solar energy projects
Featuring step-by-step instructions and useful photos and illustrations, this hands-on guide is filled with solar energy solutions you can put to use right away. Solar Power for Your Home shows you how to set up a variety of simple, money-saving solar projects quickly and easily, such as a solar water heater, a solar pool pump, solar lighting, a solar oven--and even a solar-powered lawn mower!
Learn all about the different types of solar technologies, including passive solar and photovoltaic, and determine which best suits your projects. You'll get details on assessing current energy use in your home, estimating the costs of solar installations, and calculating your overall savings. Reduce your carbon footprint--and your energy costs--with help from this practical resource.
Solar Power for Your Home covers:
- History, benefits, and potential detriments of solar energy
- Fundamentals of solar technologies--passive solar, photovoltaic, concentrating solar energy, and more
- Evaluating home electricity consumption
- Creating a personal energy plan
- How and when to contract your solar project
- Emerging technologies--thin film, nano, and hybrid solar and solar storage
- Funding options including rebates, incentives, and grants
- Standards, conversions, and helpful resources
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: