In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, learn how to use today’s key networking techniques and technologies to build, secure, and troubleshoot both wired and wireless networks. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you master every skill you need–from working with Ethernet and Bluetooth to spam prevention to network troubleshooting. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common networking tasks.
Q&A sections at the end of each hour help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Choose the right network hardware and software and use it to build efficient, reliable networks
- Implement secure, high-speed Internet connections
- Provide reliable remote access to your users
- Administer networks to support users of Microsoft, Linux, and UNIX environments
- Use low-cost Linux servers to provide file and print services to Windows PCs
- Protect your networks and data against today’s most dangerous threats
- Use virtualization to save money and improve business flexibility
- Utilize RAID technologies to provide flexible storage at lower cost
- Troubleshoot and fix network problems one step at a time
- Preview and prepare for the future of networking
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: