A staggering one in four women suffers some kind of gastrointestinal disorder. Some conditions, like irritable bowel syndrome, afflict more than twice as many women as men. Yet all too often, women suffer in silence—or fail to benefit when they receive the same treatment as men.
Now, in this accessible, comprehensive guide, one of the country’s leading
gastroenterologists, Dr. Cynthia Yoshida, provides the answers every woman needs, starting with a tour of the female GI system and the profound role sex hormones play. Brought to you by the American Gastroenterological Association, the book features the newest breakthrough medical treatments, plus advice on diet and gentle natural therapies that really work. No More Digestive Problems includes:
• Handling the effects of PMS, pregnancy, and menopause
• The surprising influence of weight on digestion—with vital information
on eating disorders
• Combating common ills from bloating, belching, and heartburn
to the runs and constipation
• Meeting the challenges of reflux (GERD), food intolerances, irritable bowel
syndrome (IBS), and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
• The crucial facts about women and colon cancer—and how to reduce your risk
Filled with revealing patient anecdotes, self-help tips, information on standard tests, and important questions you may want to ask your physician, here is an invaluable—and potentially lifesaving—resource for women of all ages.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: