Claiming his family inheritance, Ethan Gravesend inadvertently unlocks the long-buried secrets of a sinister mansion and awakens a nest of hungry spirits in this chilling gothic horror novel of ghosts and psychic phenomena from New York Times bestselling and Bram Stoker Award-winning novelist, Douglas Clegg -- Book #1 of the Harrow Haunting Series!
The Key to Harrow...
The house called Harrow has an ancient soul. When Ethan Gravesend claims his inheritance in Watch Point, he unlocks long-buried secrets of the notorious mansion -- and awakens the hungry spirits...
"Clegg's stories can chill the spine so effectively that the reader should keep paramedics on standby." - Dean Koontz, New York Times bestselling author.
An Unquiet Grave...
Psychic manifestations, poltergeist activity, hallucinations, and other residue of terror have all been documented in Harrow. It is a place of paranormal nightmare.
"Clegg is the best horror writer of the post-Stephen King generation."- Bentley Little, bestselling author of The Haunting.
A Nest of Restless Spirits...
Ethan doesn't suspect the horror that awaits him -- the terror of the woman trapped within the house, the visions of occult rituals and psychic manifestation -- and the endless crying of an unseen child.
"Douglas Clegg has become the new star in horror fiction." - Peter Straub, NY Times bestselling author of The Talisman (with Stephen King) and Ghost Story.
Don't Miss A Single Harrow Novel!
The Harrow Haunting Series:
- Book #1, Nightmare House - set at Harrow in the 1920s, the grandson of its creator has come to claim his deadly inheritance and explore the terrifying mystery within the ancient stones and passages of the house.
- #2, Mischief - Boys will be boys -- and a dark fraternity of misfits seek out Jim Hook, the new student at Harrow Academy -- but something more terrifying is hunting Jim, as well.
- #3, The Infinite - A handful of psychic investigators are called in to document the horrors of Harrow -- but little do they know that the house is more than simply a haunted place -- it may be the soul of evil itself.
- #4, The Abandoned -- In the village of Watch Point, New York, in the bucolic Hudson Valley, something toxic and horrifying has leaked from the old boarded-up mansion called Harrow. Throughout the town, people who sleep awaken with blood-lust in their hearts -- and hatchets in their fists. A rampage of mayhem, murder and madness begins -- and only those brave enough to enter Harrow may find a way to stop the terror.
Harrow Prequel Novellas
- The Necromancer - set in the 1800s, this is the story of the young Justin Gravesend and his initiation into a terrifying mystery cult.
- Isis - set right at the end of the 1800s, the story of the young Iris Villiers when she discovers the terrible price that must be paid to speak with the dead.
tags: dark fantasy, haunted house, ghost story, paranormal historical, quiet horror, gothic, 1920s, Hudson Valley, Hudson River, New York, mansion, estate
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: