This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
Discover Ubuntu, Today’s Hottest Linux
Everyone’s talking about Ubuntu—it’s not just 100% free, it’s the most useful, practical desktop Linux ever! Now, Linux expert Marcel Gagné reveals Ubuntu’s amazing power and helps you migrate from Windows faster than you ever thought possible.
Moving to Ubuntu Linux will teach you how to do virtually anything with Ubuntu—write documents, create spreadsheets, surf the Web, use email, listen to music, watch movies, and play games.
- Install Ubuntu fast, with easy, step-by-step instructions
- Take control, with the GNOME desktop environment and Nautilus file manager
- Browse the Internet using Firefox, the powerful browser that’s quickly replacing Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Find and install all the software you’ll ever need, with Ubuntu’s powerful Synaptic package manager
- Send email, track contacts, create calendars, and manage all your personal information with Evolution
- Organize digital photos, rip music, burn and play CDs, watch movies, create graphics, and more
- Discover the world of Linux games, and learn how to run Windows games on your Ubuntu PC
- Set up an efficient, convenient network for your home or small business
- Customize your desktop so it’s perfectly comfortable and totally efficient
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: