Lou Manfredini, aka Mr. Fix-It, is the trusted friend every homeowner wishes he or she had—someone who knows houses. In his fun, friendly, fully illustrated guide for both inexperienced and seasoned homeowners, he takes you through your entire house and around the yard, showing you how it all works and what to do when it doesn’t. The result: You’ll have a clear understanding of the systems that make up your house and gain the expert knowledge to proceed with any job, big or small—whether you’re hiring a contractor or doing it yourself. Discover
• How your house works: an anatomy lesson
• The wonders of water—where it comes from and where it goes
• Getting wired—the magic of electricity
• Windows—ways to bring in the sunshine and keep out the drafts
• The joys of being floored—good floor construction and maintenance
• Wall power—it’s not what’s on them but what’s in them that counts
• Decorating secrets the pros don’t like to share
Plus Lou Manfredini’s sixty-minute home inspection, an essential tool list, and an ABC glossary of terms: from air duct to weather stripping!
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: