Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads while touring France with Lonely Planet's France's Best Trips, your passport to up-to-date advice on unique experiences that await you along French roadways. Featuring 39 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can taste your way around Champagne's cellars or cruise along the thrilling Riviera Corniches, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to France, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's France's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 93 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Free, convenient pull-out France road map (included in print version)
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, local road signs key
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Paris, Normandy, Brittany, Breton Coast, Lyon, Nice, Cannes, St-Tropez, Chamonix, Avignon, Marseille, Biarritz, St-Malo, Loire Valley, Auvergne, Provence, Alps, Lille and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's France 's Best Trips is perfect for exploring France via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning a French trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's France guide, our most comprehensive guide to France is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover France, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Paris? Check out Lonely Planet's Paris guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, Discover Paris, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Pocket Paris, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You:
- See more of Europe's picturesque country sides and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to Italy and Ireland. Or start with our FREE SAMPLER 'Europe's Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips,' with excerpts from each guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides to USA, California, New England, Southwest USA, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, Florida & the South, and The Pacific Northwest and our FREE SAMPLER 'USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips' for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Oliver Berry, Stuart Butler, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Gregor Clark, Donna Wheeler and Nicola Williams.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: