Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet England is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Seek out a guide lead you through the Tower of London, ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, or sit back in a centuries-old pub with a traditional beer; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of England and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet England Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, food, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 95 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar
- Covers Newcastle, Lake District, Cumbria, Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Midlands, the Marches, Nottingham, Cambridge, East Anglia, Oxford, Costwolds, Wessex, London, Canterbury, Devon, Cornwall, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet England, our most comprehensive guide to England, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on London? Check out Lonely Planet's London guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, Lonely Planet's Discover London, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet's Pocket London, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Great Britain for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Discover Great Britain, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, David Else, Oliver Berry, Fionn Davenport, Marc Di Duca, Belinda Dixon, Damian Harper, Anna Kaminski, Catherine Le Nevez, and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: