Laughterthe GPS System for the Soul
Laughter was honored by the ancients as a spiritual healing tool and celebrated by the worlds great religions. So why arent we laughing along the spiritual path today? What would happen if we did?
In this personal and funny look at humor as a spiritual practice, Rev. Susan Sparksan ex-lawyer turned comedian and Baptist ministerpresents a convincing case that the power of humor radiates far beyond punch lines. Laughter can help you:
- Remove the fearful mask of a God who doesnt laugh
- Debunk the myths that you dont deserve joy
- Find perspective when faced with adversity
- Exercise forgiveness for yourself and others
- Reclaim play as a spiritual practice
- Healemotionally, physically, and spiritually
- Keep your faith when God is silent
- Live with elegance, beauty, and generosity of spirit
Rev. Susan Sparks, the only female comedian in the country with a pulpit, is senior pastor of the historic Madison Avenue Baptist Church in New York City (the first woman pastor in its 160-year history). She has been featured on ABC, PBS and CNN, as a regular guest with country music star Naomi Judd on Naomis New Morning on the Hallmark Channel, in the New York Times, and in numerous comedy clubs. She is the recipient of an award from Intersections International for her interfaith work to promote justice, reconciliation and peace among diverse communities. Find out more at www.susansparks.com.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: