Senior executives, professionals, politicians, entrepreneurs, and educators are increasingly being evaluated by how well they speak - how credibly, how naturally, and how enthusiastically. They're being judged on their presentation skills. In today's communication-saturated age, the ability to address others effectively has become the essential mark of a leader.
How Leaders Speak covers the seven keys to speaking like a leader: preparation, certainty, passion, engagement, and commitment. It's a personal handbook for planning and conveying presentations that will engage and inspire others, from overcoming nervousness to handling difficult questions from listeners.
How Leaders Speak: Getting Ready to Present:
- Know Your Audience
- Find and Create The Nugget (something your audience doesnt know)
- Make a Video Rehearsing your Presentation
- Be Prepared for Anything
- Dont Rely on PowerPoint (have a print out as well )
- Test your Technology
- Have a Checklist of Materials Before You Leave the Office
- Pre-Presentation Jitters are a Good Thing!
- Know Your Environment Beforehand (schedule a run through the day before)
- Eat and Drink Lightly Just Before Your Presentation
How Leaders Speak: During Your Speech
- Have Water Handy
- Keep Language Short and Simple
- Have Your Speech Printed at the Top of Your Page To Keep Eye Contact Connected
- Most Nervousness Doesnt Show
- Draw in Your Audience Via Names and Anecdotal Info
- Ask Questions to Involve Your Audience (and to Relieve Pressure)
- Speak with Passion!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: