Overwhelmed with big screen TV and home theater audio options? What do you need to build the perfect home theater experience? Home Theater For Dummies, 3rd Edition shows you how to plan a home theater system and choose components that fit your budget and your room.
Beginning with the most basic information, this guide helps you choose what you need and put it all together. It explains DLP, 3LCD, HDMI, DTV, and HDTV so you can talk intelligently with salespeople at the electronics store. You’ll find out about Blu-ray, explore HD and satellite radio options, and see how to incorporate a Wii, Xbox, or Playstation 3 into your set-up. Learn to:
- Choose among plasma, LCD, and projection TVs
- Know the difference between digital TV and HDTV
- Assess and choose an LCD TV, a new 3D TV, or an HD radio
- Set up your audio system and TV for maximum performance
- Use a Media Center or Home Theater PC
- Fine-tune your system and add cool touches such as accessing home theater content from your cell phone
- Explore HD and satellite radio options, CD players, DVD-Audio disks, and options for old cassettes and vinyl
- Set up your system with the proper cables for each component, or learn what it takes to go wireless
- Calibrate your video with a calibration disk, an optical comparator, or a DVD containing THX Optimizer
Get the perfect home theater experience by following the expert tips and techniques presented in Home Theater For Dummies, 3rd Edition. You’ll be watching movies and listening to audio in no time!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: