Upwards of 65 million people worldwide suffer from glaucoma.
It?s the second most prevalent, yet preventable, cause of blindness.
It knows no age, race, or location?no one is immune.
What you don?t know can blind you, but what you do know can save your sight!
?Those of us in the field of eye care recognize that many of the subjects so masterfully handled by Edith are never discussed in routine doctor visits. Having a book like this as a reference provides answers to many questions and even suggests lists of questions to ask. As a firm believer that each of us has the primary responsibility for our own health care, I appreciate the advice and encouragement Edith provides.?
-- Thomas M. Brunner, President and CEO, Glaucoma Research Foundation
Inside you?ll learn:
- The specific characteristics and issues associated with various types of glaucoma and what to expect from each.
- Common mistakes glaucoma doctors and patients make that can have a lifelong impact on your sight?and strategies for avoiding them.
- Insights into the pros, cons and overall risks associated with the wide range of treatments available, plus guidance on deciding which treatment might be best for you.
- How to confidently confront the concerns many glaucoma patients struggle with.
- Proven, step-by-step strategies glaucoma patients can use for controlling and countering stress?and much more!
?On behalf of the entire family of The Glaucoma Foundation, it is an honor and pleasure to congratulate Edith Marks, a collaborator, partner, and true friend of ours on a monumental achievement. This updated and expanded version of her earlier book is sure to be a gift to the glaucoma community and be enthusiastically used by those who suffer from these insidious diseases we all call glaucoma.?
-- Scott Christenson, CEO, The Glaucoma Foundation
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: