The essential guide to creating an organization ofhigh integrity and superior performance
With the high-profile corporate scandals that have taken place in recent years, corporate ethics are more important to a business than ever before. The failure of ethical leadership in an organization is very destructive-it demoralizes the workforce, breeds public distrust, and ultimately results in organizational decay.
Based on more than two decades of consulting, teaching, and research, Denis Collins's Essentials of Business Ethics is designed with appreciation for your demanding professional obligations, with easy-to-find, at-your-fingertips information. Its nuts-and-bolts presentation provides you with practical "how-to" examples and best practices on every area of managing ethics inside your organization in a handy, concise format.
This brief yet powerful guide presents executives and leaders with timely discussion on:
- Human nature and unethical behavior in organizations
- Determining the ethics of job candidates
- The differences between a Code of Ethics and a Code of Conduct
- The best practices for managing diversity
- Using Management-by-Objectives to establish work goals that encourage ethical behavior
- Performance appraisals that reward ethical behaviors
- Aligning community outreach with the company's mission and assets
- Handling the environmental change process
- How to manage three internal communication mechanisms for employees to report potentially unethical or illegal behaviors: an Ethics & Compliance Office, Ombudsman, and Ethics Hotlines
Providing a five-step ethics job-screen process and an ethical decision-making framework, as well as guidelines for conducting a variety of business ethics workshops, Essentials of Business Ethics is the only guide you will need containing all the relevant facts on business ethics, all in one place.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: