Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch sunsets and surfers along the Pacific Coast Highway, hike through wildflower-strewn meadows in Yosemite, or dine on organic California cuisine while overlooking Napa Valley vineyards; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover California:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, politics, landscapes, wildlife, beaches, cuisine, wine, and more
- Over 35 color maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
- Coverage of Northern California, Central Coast, Wine Country, San Francisco, Yosemite, Sierra Nevadas, San Diego, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, Disneyland, Orange County, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities to get to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover California, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on the state's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all the state has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide.
- Looking for a guide to San Francisco or Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's San Francisco City guide orLos Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that these cities have to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Beth Kohn, Bridget Gleeson, Andrew Bender, Sara Benson, Alison Bing, Nate Cavalieri, Andrew Schulte-Peevers, and John A Vlahides.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off the beaten track and understand more of the nature and culture of the places they find themselves in.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: