With simple words, cute pictures and practice flashcards, these books are a great way to get your child started with reading. This set include the first three books in the Easy-Peasy Series:
- Little Dog Wants to Play
- Here Comes Blackfly the Dragon
- Mother Duck Hears a Sound
Each book has around 19 engaging illustrated pages and over 90% of the words in these books are either sight words or sight nouns (also known as Dolch sight words). Other words used in the book are familiar words that will be easy for your child to sound out.
Plus, to help your child practice reading, every word used in this story is included as a separate Flashcard at the end of each book. You can use these cards to check your child’s mastery of the words contained in the books.
Words Featured in "Little Dog Wants to Play"
- Sight Words: a, and, be, big, but, by, can, could, do, find, found, he, his, is, it, little, no, not, now, play, see, that, the, there, to, under, want, what, where, you
- Sight Nouns: ball, dog, flowers, tree
- Other words: bush, woof
Words Featured in "Here Comes Blackfly the Dragon"
- Sight Words: a, and, as, be, big, black, can, comes, do, four, fly, good, has, he, here, is, it, know, make, no, not, one, round, that, there, to, too, two, very, what
- Sight Nouns: bird, dog, dogs, duck, eyes, fire, house, legs, name, thing,
- Other words: dragon, fat, horn, wings
Words Featured in "Mother Duck Hears a Sound"
- Sight Words: a, be, come, her, is, it, little, no, of, out, says, that, the, to, was, wants, what
- Sight Nouns: baby, bird, dog, duck, head, leg, mother
- Other words: happy, hears, quack, sound, tap, tweet, woof
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: