Concepts, design and deployment for Cisco Stateful Firewall solutions
“ In this book, Alexandre proposes a totally different approach to the important subject of firewalls: Instead of just presenting configuration models, he uses a set of carefully crafted examples to illustrate the theory in action. A must read!” —Luc Billot, Security Consulting Engineer at Cisco
Cisco Firewalls thoroughly explains each of the leading Cisco firewall products, features, and solutions, and shows how they can add value to any network security design or operation. The author tightly links theory with practice, demonstrating how to integrate Cisco firewalls into highly secure, self-defending networks. Cisco Firewalls shows you how to deploy Cisco firewalls as an essential component of every network infrastructure. The book takes the unique approach of illustrating complex configuration concepts through step-by-step examples that demonstrate the theory in action. This is the first book with detailed coverage of firewalling Unified Communications systems, network virtualization architectures, and environments that include virtual machines. The author also presents indispensable information about integrating firewalls with other security elements such as IPS, VPNs, and load balancers; as well as a complete introduction to firewalling IPv6 networks. Cisco Firewalls will be an indispensable resource for engineers and architects designing and implementing firewalls; security administrators, operators, and support professionals; and anyone preparing for the CCNA Security, CCNP Security, or CCIE Security certification exams.
Alexandre Matos da Silva Pires de Moraes, CCIE No. 6063, has worked as a Systems Engineer for Cisco Brazil since 1998 in projects that involve not only Security and VPN technologies but also Routing Protocol and Campus Design, IP Multicast Routing, and MPLS Networks Design. He coordinated a team of Security engineers in Brazil and holds the CISSP, CCSP, and three CCIE certifications (Routing/Switching, Security, and Service Provider). A frequent speaker at Cisco Live, he holds a degree in electronic engineering from the Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA – Brazil).
· Create advanced security designs utilizing the entire Cisco firewall product family
· Choose the right firewalls based on your performance requirements
· Learn firewall configuration fundamentals and master the tools that provide insight about firewall operations
· Properly insert firewalls in your network’s topology using Layer 3 or Layer 2 connectivity
· Use Cisco firewalls as part of a robust, secure virtualization architecture
· Deploy Cisco ASA firewalls with or without NAT
· Take full advantage of the classic IOS firewall feature set (CBAC)
· Implement flexible security policies with the Zone Policy Firewall (ZPF)
· Strengthen stateful inspection with antispoofing, TCP normalization, c
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: