With the urgent demand for rapid turnaround on new software releases--without compromising quality--the testing element of software development must keep pace, requiring a major shift from slow, labor-intensive testing methods to a faster and more thorough automated testing approach.
Automated Software Testing is a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the most effective tools, techniques, and methods for automated testing. Using numerous case studies of successful industry implementations, this book presents everything you need to know to successfully incorporate automated testing into the development process.
In particular, this book focuses on the Automated Test Life Cycle Methodology (ATLM), a structured process for designing and executing testing that parallels the Rapid Application Development methodology commonly used today. Automated Software Testing is designed to lead you through each step of this structured program, from the initial decision to implement automated software testing through test planning, execution, and reporting. Included are test automation and test management guidance for:
- Acquiring management support
- Test tool evaluation and selection
- The automated testing introduction process
- Test effort and test team sizing
- Test team composition, recruiting, and management
- Test planning and preparation
- Test procedure development guidelines
- Automation reuse analysis and reuse library
- Best practices for test automation
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: