Acting in Musical Theatre is the only complete course in approaching a role in a musical. It is the first to combine acting, singing and dancing into a comprehensive guide, combining what have previously been treated as three separate disciplines.
This book contains fundamental skills for novice actors, practical insights for professionals, and even tips to help veteran musical performers refine their craft.
Drawing on decades of experience in both acting and teaching, the authors provide crucial advice on all elements of the profession, including:
- fundamentals of acting applied to musical theatre
- script, score and character analysis
- personalizing your performance
- turning rehearsal into performance
- acting styles in the musical theatre
- practical steps to a career.
Acting in Musical Theatre’s chapters divide into easy-to-reference units, each containing related group and solo exercises, making it the definitive textbook for students and practitioners alike.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: