This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
Why learn project management the hard way?
Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Project Management, Second Edition will have you managing projects in no time! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
- Key concepts and fundamentals behind best-practice project management techniques
- The mindset and skill set of effective project managers
- Project techniques that work in any industry, with any tools
- The common elements of successful projects
- Lessons from failed projects
- The value and importance of project leadership versus project management
- How to manage growing project trends and tough project types that first-time project managers are likely to encounter
- How to make better use of Microsoft Project
- How to respond when project reality does not match textbook scenarios
- Expert insight on key project management concepts and topics
You’ve just been handed your department's biggest project. Absolute Beginner's Guide to Project Management will show you exactly where to start–and walk you step by step through your entire project! Expert project manager Gregory Horine shows you exactly what works and what doesn’t, drawing on the field’s proven best practices. Understand your role as a project manager...gain the skills and discover the personal qualities of great project managers...learn how to organize, estimate, and schedule projects effectively...manage deliverables, issues, changes, risks, quality, vendors, communications, and expectations...make the most of technology...manage virtual teams...avoid the problems that trip up new project managers! This new edition jumpstarts your project management expertise even faster, with all-new insights on Microsoft Project, challenging project situations and intriguing project management topics of the day.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: