This empowering exercise guide is big on attitude, giving plus-size women the motivation and information they need to move their bodies and improve their health.
Hanne Blank—a fellow plus-size girl who’s been there and has the worn-out sports bras to show for it—will help you discover activity that works for you no matter what your size or current fitness level. Whether you choose to do yoga, pump iron, walk your dog, play Wii Fit, hire a personal trainer, or just run errands by bicycle, Hanne will provide specifically tailored advice on:
• Finding movement that feels great, physically and emotionally
• Choosing a gym
• Facing the trail, pool, park, or locker room
• Overcoming fear and shame
• Sourcing plus-size workout gear
• Getting the nutrition you need and avoiding common injuries
• Fighting fat prejudice and uninvited comments
Featuring incendiary acts like “Flail proudly,” and “Claim the right to be unattractive (just like anybody else),”
Hanne serves up years of hard-won fitness advice with humor and self-acceptance. With motivating lists like “30 Things to Love About Exercise (None of Which Have Anything to Do with Your Weight, Your Size, or What You Look Like),” this call to action will get you up and moving in no time!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: