Cisco® Security Monitoring, Analysis, and Response System (MARS) is a next-generation Security Threat Mitigation system (STM). Cisco Security MARS receives raw network and security data and performs correlation and investigation of host and network information to provide you with actionable intelligence. This easy-to-use family of threat mitigation appliances enables you to centralize, detect, mitigate, and report on priority threats by leveraging the network and security devices already deployed in a network, even if the devices are from multiple vendors.
Security Monitoring with Cisco Security MARS helps you plan a MARS deployment and learn the installation and administration tasks you can expect to face. Additionally, this book teaches you how to use the advanced features of the product, such as the custom parser, Network Admission Control (NAC), and global controller operations. Through the use of real-world deployment examples, this book leads you through all the steps necessary for proper design and sizing, installation and troubleshooting, forensic analysis of security events, report creation and archiving, and integration of the appliance with Cisco and third-party vulnerability assessment tools.
Learn the differences between various log aggregation and correlation systems
- Examine regulatory and industry requirements
- Evaluate various deployment scenarios
- Properly size your deployment
- Protect the Cisco Security MARS appliance from attack
- Generate reports, archive data, and implement disaster recovery plans
- Investigate incidents when Cisco Security MARS detects an attack
- Troubleshoot Cisco Security MARS operation
- Integrate Cisco Security MARS with Cisco Security Manager, NAC, and third-party devices
- Manage groups of MARS controllers with global controller operations
This security book is part of the Cisco Press® Networking Technology Series. Security titles from Cisco Press help networking professionals secure critical data and resources, prevent and mitigate network attacks, and build end-to-end self-defending networks.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: