Be prepared in any clinical setting with this portable, full-color, illustrated guide. Key information includes differential diagnosis tips, pediatric variations, sample documentation, and other helpful assessment data for quick reference. Separate chapters cover age-specific exams for infants, children, and adolescents, the healthy female evaluation, and reporting and documenting findings.
- The two-column format featuring Exam Techniques, Expected Findings, and Unexpected Findings provides quick and reliable reference to key exam steps.
- Over 250 full-color figures depicting anatomy and physiology, exam procedures, and normal and abnormal findings offer a visual guide to performing exams.
- Documentation examples promote concise yet thorough patient charting for each system exam.
- Aids to Differential Diagnosis Tables summarize distinguishing characteristics of abnormalities, making it easier to identify patients’ symptoms.
- Lists of the equipment required in preparation for each system exam facilitate efficiency in the practice setting.
- Color-coded tables highlight pediatric variations and provide quick-reference coverage of developmental considerations specific to pediatric patients.
- Updates throughout reflect the latest research and evidence-based practice findings on all aspects of the physical exam.
- New content on electronic charting reflects the shift to electronic medical records in clinical practice and offers a current resource on what and how to chart.
- An updated drug table provides a list of physical findings potentially related to common classes of drugs.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: