This is a comprehensive, expert guide to all facets of planning, deploying, managing, and utilizing the brand-new SharePoint 2010 PerformancePoint Services. Authored by business and technical experts and a key member of the Microsoft PerformancePoint Services development team, this book demonstrates exactly how to apply PerformancePoint Services to gain real-time insight into all aspects of business performance.
Writing for architects, implementers, developers, and administrators, the authors combine crucial technical information with hands-on insights for success, including a case study that identifies key challenges throughout the project lifecycle.
Along the way, the authors bring together realistic, proven techniques for integrating with SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and enterprise data sources. They implement KPIs and scorecards; design effective dashboards; ensure security; administer PerformancePoint Services; present best-practice solutions; and much more.
- Determine what you want to measure and plan the best ways to measure it
- Install SharePoint Server 2010 and configure PerformancePoint Services
- Create effective, easy-to-understand dashboards with the Dashboard Designer
- Integrate and use multiple data sources including SQL Server, Excel, and SharePoint
- Build KPIs quickly using the Scorecard Wizard
- Incorporate indicators and KPIs into scorecard views
- Utilize PerformancePoint reports including analytic charts and grids, KPI Details, and both Reporting Services and Excel Services reports
- Build Strategy Maps to visualize sales pipelines, processes, and layouts
- Secure PerformancePoint data sources, dashboards, and reports
- Use PerformancePoint APIs to add even more functionality
- Maintain PerformancePoint Services using SharePoint 2010’s tools and settings
- Streamline PerformancePoint administration with PowerShell and Cmdlets
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: