"How to Get into Consulting: Guide for Women" is the only comprehensive preparation book specifically aimed at women who want to get into consulting. It has been written by successful top-tier female consultants and includes real-life, honest and effective advice on how to break into consulting career as a woman:
* Advice on how to prepare your CV. Application screening is a negative selection process. It is not that good CVs are selected. Rather, bad ones are sieved out. What will get your CV in… a trash bin in 3 seconds? You might actually be surprised there are just a couple of points recruiters look at and you have to get a ‘pass’ on all of them unconditionally to stay in the game.
* Best and worst practices for your motivation letter. Motivation letter is where you need to prove you are more interesting (rather then vague 'better') than the others. Small, soft details are again what matters and there a couple of tricks you can use for your advantage (especially as a woman!)
* How to get invited for an interview? There are many simple tricks that really do work!
* How to dress to impress… in the right way. Consultants recruiting you are only people, and, more importantly, they are mostly men. The issue of how to dress for an interview never gets the deserved attention in the ‘regular’ consulting recruitment guides, because it is simple for male candidates. It is a whole different story for females though and the truth is that your look can really win or kill your interview.
* How to solve the case interview and not fail for the main reason women usually do which is…panic. The e-book provides 25 cases with full answers representing key 5 types of case questions typical for consulting interviews: market sizing, feasibility study, strategy consideration, organization and change, brainteaser cases. Full step-by-step solutions are provided for each case. However, the key for you is to learn how to approach (rather then solve) the cases. That is why, next to simply giving you solutions to specific case examples, this book will teach you something far more important: how to distinguish the above mentioned case types and apply a successful approach to them in general.
* How to use your key strengths as a woman in consulting interview: Women are more logical then men, are better listeners and are prepared to work harder when preparing for the consulting interview. You will learn how to effectively use these strengths, based on real-life success stories of other women who have broken into consulting.
* What mistakes will kill your interview even if you solve the case. You will be stunned to read some real-life examples of what has excluded really good female candidates in the past.
* How does the backstage of the consulting recruitment process honestly look like and how do the recruiters decide whether to take you in or not. You might actually be surprised…
* Finally, how to get and negotiate your contract: what common tricks to expect from the company and how to be prepared to downplay them.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: