Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Before hitting the rails, tour through history in Moscow's Kremlin, make a train compartment home away from home, and stretch your legs at journey's end by biking Beijing's twisting alleys; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of this famous rail journey and begin your adventure now!
Inside Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, theatre, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 40 local maps
- Useful features - including Arranging Your Visas, Buying Tickets, and Life on Rails
- Coverage of Moscow, St Petersburg, Moscow to Yekaterinburg, Lake Baikal: Krasnoyarsk to Ulan-Ude, Ulan-Ude to Vladivostok, Baikal-Amur Mainline, Trans-Mongolian Route, Trans-Manchurian Route, Beijing, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities to easily find what you need
- Bookmarks to shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to get to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway, our most comprehensive guide to the famous rail journey, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on a particular country or city along the route? Check out Lonely Planet's Russia guide, Mongolia guide, China guide, St Petersburg guide, Moscow guide, or Beijing guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these destinations has to offer, Lonely Planet's Discover China, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Beijing, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Anthony Haywood, Marc Bennetts, Greg Bloom, Marc Di Duca, Michael Kohn, Tom Masters, Leonid Ragozin, and Mara Vorhees.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet enables curious travellers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: